My current Top 5

My current Top 5

12/30/2014

R.I.P. Luise...

What a sad day...Luise Rainer has passed away at the age of 104. May she rest in peace.

I don't think that I need to say anything else. I didn't know her personally, I only saw her work in a handful of movies she made before she left Hollywood again but I truly admired her. There is something about her that just made me love her and there is a reason why I judge performances with "Luises"...

And even though the occassion is very sad, I might as well use this post for a quick update. I know I haven't posted anything in ages but I am currently just not in the mood to write any reviews. I am at the moment re-watching and re-ranking the Best Actress nominees but I am soooo slow - seriously, it takes me weeks to put a new performance into the ranking, I am just not able to decide. So, everything is very slow here but I am certain that at one point I will start to write again...

Oh, but if you want to see something of me, then go over to the amazing blog http://afistfuloffilms.blogspot.de/ where I am part of the panel that judges all the two-time Best Actress winners.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for you dear Fritz

Best wishes from Irun - Spain-

Anonymous said...

I thought of you this morning when I heard the news. I'm so sorry, buddy. This truly is a sad day.

Tom said...

my condolences

Louis Morgan said...

Rest in Peace. Sad to see her finally go.

Allen said...

Aww, I actually thought of you and had to check up on your blog as soon as I heard. Sad indeed, but what a long and amazing life she lived!

Glad to know you've actually been blogging a little on the sly as of late. It gets tedious, I totally get it! Looking forward to when you're ready to come back.